Wishlist and Getting Fit


I have been caning myself at the gym of late pushing myself with huge cardio workouts.

I finally got round to replacing the battery in my Polar Heart Rate Monitor, but guess what the bugger is stuffed, and after doing some research have decided that it's not worth getting fixed and instead have been looking at new ideas for monitoring heart rate and workout intensity.

It's important for me because I have no real idea of the actual intensity I work out at unless I Can see my heart rate and use this to push myself!

What I wanted was an Iphone integrated solution, because let's face it I take the phone everywhere and use it at the gym for music anyway, so in my desire to limit the number of devices I found DigiFit.

It's a very cool idea, its a small plug in receiver and iPhone App that gets the heart rate signals from a compatible strap monitor.

it's all very simple and in total less than $100 USD for the app, heart rate monitor and iphone plug.

Only problem it's not available in Australia yet!

BUGGER

I have been reading a whole lot of late about the arguments for an against calorie counting and it's a really interesting read.

It's well established that you can lose weight by limiting the amount of calories you eat, 1kg of weight requires 7500 calorie deficit - this article says it all.

For my age and lifestyle without exercise my basal metabolic rate is around 2200 calories a day, so to lose a kg of fat I would need to burn an extra 1000 calories every day for a week. That's a huge undertaking.

I was reading about the whole argument against calorie counting and more about eating a less processed less red meat diet high in fruit, vegetables, nuts and grains.

Personally I want a good balance, I like a drink, I like my food, so I want a balance between it all.

At my age I don't feel the need to have the perfect body, but I do want to be fit and make sure I am looking after my body and my health.