Tennis elbow

I have tennis elbow at the moment from overworking my arms at the gym (and probably at the computer too).

It started in one arm about two months ago, but I recovered without any intervention.  then about two weeks ago I started to get a sharp pain in my left arm and elbow with certain movements.

I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to that sort of pain so I cut the weights workouts and for the last two weeks have been focusing only on cardio and core strength.

Tomorrow I intend restarting the weights routine, although I will drop the weights right down for a while and wear an elbow support to stop the tendon from being too stressed as it's still a bit tender.

I have been training like a maniac the last few months, I have found a real new routine where I go to the gym early in the morning at around 6 am and workout for an hour - an hour and a half.

Injury is always a pain literally and figuratively the extra cardio while great for the mid section that I am trying to reduce I want to get back to doing weights.

I've been seeing the physio a few times to sort the elbow out and it's improved but not as quickly as I would have liked, but I suppose that's the downside of getting older!

But I have been given stretches and exercises which I can do now to unlock the muscle and then later I can learn techniques to build it up and prevent it from happening again.